- What types of Personal Information and related information does the Mage Service collect from you?
The Service collects certain personal information through the Mage Service described above – including via our applications, mobile technologies, emails, through our websites, social media accounts and channels, and telephone discussions (if applicable), and other forms of communication. In order for you to place orders, make purchases, complete transactions, interact with Mage or have access to certain features of the Service, we will require you to register or provide certain personal information. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, payment information, mailing address, or a username and password; you can also choose to sign in with Facebook to have access to certain features of the Service.
Purchase and Recipient Information
When making purchases through the Service, we may also require you to provide a credit card, billing address and/or gift message and that you provide information about a recipient or potential recipient of a purchase you make through the Service.
Social Media Sites
Mage may also receive personal information from social media platforms, as well as from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you access the Mage Service through a third-party connection or log in through Facebook Connect or another third-party service (if applicable), by “following,” “liking,” or linking your account to the Service, that third party may pass information about you to us, including, without limitation, your name, birthday, gender, user ID number, user ID number of your friends, the email address associated with your account, your profile picture, your physical location, your photos, photo likes, photo tags, and an access token to authenticate to the third-party service. We may also collect additional information regarding your hobbies, interests or “likes” that you make available through your profile on the third-party service, any other information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service.
If you allow us access to your social media friends list, then your friends’ user IDs and your connection to those friends may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use the Service. Please consult with the third party’s website for further information before you link or connect to the Service and on how to control or adjust your privacy settings on that site. Mage has no control over such third party website.
We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we obtain or receive from third parties, such as our affiliates, marketing firms, data vendors or address verification services.
As disclosed upon installation (in case of Android) or prompted for permission (in the case of iOS), our mobile applications may access personal information on your device. For example, if placing an order including an image(s) or video, our application would require access to your device’s photo library.
- How does Mage use Personal Information?
Mage may use personal information in order to facilitate your use of the Service, including receiving, processing, fulfilling and delivering your purchases, some of which are through our third-party suppliers and/or carriers. We may use personal information to identify you when you log in to our Service, to provide a better experience through the Service, or to personalize your experience across the Service. We may also use personal information to better understand our customers and to better tailor or enhance our Service. For example, we may also use personal information for data analysis and segmentation, understanding our customers across our various platforms, and providing recommendations and reminders for events and other business purposes. We may also use personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated companies, you or others, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Mage may send you email communications or promotional offers to an email address, through a device (such as mobile device or applications) or through other contact information provided through the Service.
To the extent you participate with interactive features through the Service such as the social media sites, any personal information that you provide may be published in the manner consistent with the interactive feature. For example, if you tag a photo through Instagram with #Teleport, #TLPT, #TLPTio or @tlptio, we may repost that photo under @tlptio.
- Where is Personal Information stored and processed?
- What Non-Personal Information does Mage collect?
Mage may collect non-personal information from you including, but not limited to, demographic data, location data (as more fully discussed in Section 7 below), browser type, your Internet Service Provider or operating system, and your IP address. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, Mage may use and share this information, which does not personally identify you, for any purpose, including sharing with our third party partners, affiliates, agents or service providers for various administrative, analytical and marketing purposes.
- What are cookies, Clear GIFs and other similar technologies, and how does Mage use them?
Cookies: We may collect information from you by using cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your computer containing information about you. Cookies help us analyze web traffic, provide user data for a particular webpage, and allow web applications to be adapted for you as an individual. This helps us tailor our operations to your specific needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, please follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. However, if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online features or access certain sections of our Service.
- Clear GIFs: We, or our third party partners, affiliates, agents or service providers, may collect information from you by using clear GIFs. A “clear GIF” or graphics interchange format (also known as pixel tags, single pixel GIFs, web beacons or action tags) help us or a third party measure advertising effectiveness. Clear GIFs help us manage content on the Service by informing us of what content is effective. Further, clear GIFs may be used: (i) in HTML based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients; (ii) to record when products have been ordered through the Service; and (iii) to track the visitor traffic through the Service. Among other reasons, these clear GIFs allow us to measure the usage of the Service by our visitors and the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns. The main differences between a cookie and a clear GIF are that clear GIFs are invisible on a web page and are much smaller.
- Mobile Analytics: We utilize third party analytics technology in our mobile applications, which tracks usage and interactions within our mobile applications. This information helps provide insight into the use of such mobile applications and assists with our further improvement and development associated with the mobile application and the Service.
- Affiliate Tracking: You may purchase products from us through a link associated with our affiliate program. Our affiliate program allows participating website publishers, bloggers and other organizations (“Affiliates”) to display links on their respective websites which direct customers to the Service.
- Behavioral Advertising: We may participate in online behavioral advertising (OBA). We may use third parties to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. We may allow certain third parties to collect certain information when you use the Service. For example, these companies may use non-personal information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personal information (e.g., IP address) during your visits to the Service in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you on third party sites. These parties typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
- Other Technologies: Since new technologies are being developed every day, we may introduce or utilize new technologies in the future in a manner consistent with this policy and generally applicable industry standards. Further, additional disclosures or requests for permission may be presented through the use of such new technologies at the time of such use. For example, you may receive a request from a mobile application to enable sharing of information through your device.
- How does Mage collect and use location based data?
When you access the Mage Service by or through a mobile device or application, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. We may also be able to determine your general geographic location (i.e., city or town and state) through your IP address. You may control whether location data is shared with us through your mobile device, application or browser settings. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- When does Mage share Personal Information with third parties?
Mage shares your personal information in the manner described below.
- Affiliates: Mage may share personal information with its affiliated companies, including those referenced herein and those subsequently acquired by Mage or its affiliated companies.
- Distributors: Mage shares information with our distributors for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your purchases. These distributors may contact you or the recipient relating to your purchases. On some occasions, the recipient may be contacted to schedule delivery or verify delivery availability. To maintain our high quality standards, we may contact recipients to ensure satisfaction with their purchase.
- Third Parties: Mage may share, store and process your information with third parties who act as our agents, suppliers, vendors, contractors, subcontractors or service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”). The Third Parties include the distributors mentioned above. You acknowledge that the collection, transfer, management, storage, and processing of personal information may be undertaken by these Third Parties for the fulfillment of the Service and other business purposes. The Third Parties are given the information they need to perform their designated functions.
- Partner Programs: If you are directed to Mage or the Service through a third party, we may share certain information back with that third party, which may include information such as name, email and value of purchase depending on the type of relationship. For example, if you use a promotion code from a group buying or flash deal website, we may share information regarding the order in which such promotion code was redeemed. If you placed an order utilizing an Affiliate link, as described above, we may share information about you or your order with such Affiliate.
- Direct Marketing Companies: From time to time we may disclose certain information (names, postal addresses and non-sensitive transactional information such as your purchase history, amounts paid and products ordered) to direct marketing companies for trade or rental purposes. If you prefer to opt-out of the use of your personal information by direct marketing companies for trade or rental purposes, please let us know at email@example.com or the address listed in Section 12 below.
- Business and Legal / Mergers and Acquisitions: There may be business or legal reasons to disclose personal information. As an example, we may transfer information we have about you to third parties in connection with an actual or potential merger, consolidation, acquisition, reincorporation, sale/divestiture, acquisition or other similar transaction involving all or part of our company or any affiliate, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. If we undergo such a business transition, personal information may be one of the assets that may be shared or transferred as part of the business transition.
- Law Enforcement/Government Requests/Other: We may be required by law to provide personal information to law enforcement, a government agency or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body or civil litigant including emergency situations. We may also disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, or to protect or defend the rights, property or safety of our users, others and ourselves.
- What measures does Mage take to ensure the security of this Personal Information?
We use procedural and technological security measures which are reasonably designed to help protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, consistent with industry standards.
We use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, it is always possible that third parties will unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or defeat these measures. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee (and thus you should not expect) that personal information will never be viewed or used by others.
- How does Mage treat personal information related to children?
Our Mage Service is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. Indeed, in order to make a purchase through the Mage Service, you must be 18 and have a valid credit card. Children should always get permission from their parents before providing any information about themselves online, to us or to anyone else. If parents believe their minor children have accessed the Service and provided their personal information, please contact us.
Attn: Customer Service
3150 De La Cruz Blvd #100,
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Last modified on 8/29/2016